Did you know there is an Epilepsy Support Group in NW Arkansas? Take time to watch our video to find out more!
NWA Community Parent Resource Center gets this question a LOT and the answer is almost always YES! In the unlikely event that we don't have any information on what you're looking for, we will either do research and obtain that information or push you in the right direction in order to find it. We have information on all sorts of subjects pertaining to our families and their children that have all sorts of special needs stashed all around our office. Here are the main places we keep our information:
1. OUR WEBSITE - we have a lot of information through the "Parent Resources" link on our website, divided into categories to make it easy to find what you're looking for. www.nwacprc.org
2. PINTEREST - recently we have begun a pinterest board to collect all of the information we come across in a visually appealing way - if you don't like searching down through long lines of text to find resources on what you need, this might be a good option for you because you can easily scan pictures on boards set up into different categories to find lots of useful information. We started this less than a month ago, though, so we're steadily but surely collecting more information. www.pinterest.com/nwacprc
3. LIBRARY - Did you know we have a library with thousands of books located in the JTL shop, a building very close to the Jones Center? The Library is open Monday through Friday at 614 E. Emma, suite 131 in Springdale, AR. You can browse Tuesday through Thursday from 12 to 5pm or request an appointment to go in with us at any other time during the week. The instructions on checking out a book are simple to fill out and are hung up next to our office inside the Library (Suite 127). Most materials can be checked out for a month. We have books, binders, dvds, brochures, tapes, and cds on specific disabilities, special education law, inclusion, special education, assistive technology, parenting, activities, and much more. We also have an entire section devoted to materials in Spanish as well as a kid's section where they can go play and sit down while you're browsing!
4. ON SITE DATABASE - we have a server in our office where we collect all of the loose pieces of information we get by email, conference, or trainings. This includes scans of documents, PDFs, Power Point files, Word documents, videos, and a lot of other media. All of those loose pieces of information are separated into categories and are filed under their own specific folders in our server. If you don't find what you need on our website, library, or our pinterest page, please contact us in our office because we more than likely have something for you. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479)927-3283.
5. OUR TRAININGS or WORKSHOPS - we have many trainings or workshops that cover all sorts of subjects of highly requested items in English as well as Spanish throughout the year. Contact us or visit the calendar section of our website to find out what's coming up next.
6. OUR STAFF - We have an experienced and knowledgeable staff that have a lot of information and are more than happy to guide you - some of their knowledge you can find in books, but a lot of it is practical experience that you would not be able to find elsewhere. Always feel free to call, to set up an appointment with one of them, or to e-mail us.
You can e-mail email@example.com or call (479)927-3283.
Hopefully this sheds some light on the multitude of information we have to offer here at the NWA Community Parent Resource Center. So, if you're wondering "Do you have information on..." the answer is most likely "YES!" and we would be glad to help you!
- Staci Bell, Technology Specialist / Librarian
NWA Community Parent Resource Center
Staff of the Family Support Program (including original content as well as curated links to various authors around the web.)